Hey Spookies! I absolutely love it when tags come around with us gothicly inclined folk in mind. I adored Kaya's video all about her 10 goth clichés, so without further ado, here's mine!
1. My favourite park is a graveyard. Yep, you read that right. St. James Park was once a cemetery with 57,774 burials taking place there. A lot of the headstones have been removed or rearranged to create paths and a beautiful public park. Lots of interesting and noteable people are buried there, there's some fascinating memorials, and a 'healing' spring. It's such an enchanting, peaceful place to visit and it's my favoruite green space in the bustle of the city.
2. I have adopted 2 black rats. Bonus fact: their names are Lydia Deetz and Wednesday Addams, which I'm sure gives me extra goth points. They're the most beautiful little princesses and get treated as such. I get so frustrated when people think they're gross or dirty!
3. I collect taxidermy. I currently own a bat, a carrion crow skull, a rat skull, and a jar of mouse bones. I only collect things that have passed of natural causes, of course!
4. I love being so pale. I used to be relentlessly bullied for my ghostly palour, and hated my skin for being so white and resistant to tanning. Finally, I've embraced it and realised I never want to be tanned. I suit pale skin, and it complements my style perfectly. I get so riled by the shaming of paleness and the pressure to tan - pushing people into risking their health to alter their natural complexion is so wrong.
5. I'm academically interested in death. - I am all about the Death Positivity movement. I am fascinated by death and its place in different cultures, and the way society deals with death in such varied ways. I could spend hours learning about it.
6. Halloween is my favourite holiday. This one is pretty obvious. We all know I'm a Halloween Queen. Halloween is the time of year I stock up on clothes and homewares whilst it's in high-street stores and affordable. The month of October is the time I can finally rope my friends into watching horror films, convince Freddie to let me make our flat extra spooky, and I can get fully in the spirit free of judgement. What's not to love about the season of spook?!
7. Robert Smith makes me swoon. Young Robert Smith gives me palpitations. Obviously. I mean, have you seen him?!
8. I'm fascinated with ghosts. One of my most treasured gifts is a ouija board that Dana gave me. I am enchanted by the idea of the 'other side' and paranormal experiences. I've had a fair few paranormal experiences of my own. If you'd be interested in a blog post about them let me know!
9. Most of my clothes are black. Another statement of the obvious. 95% of my clothes are black. I feel comfortable in black and everything goes. The only downside is trying to find that specific black item in a pile of black clothes. It's an impossibility.
10. I love gothic Victorian architecture. It's just beautiful. 'Nuff said.