Hey Spookies! Whilst I was deciding on my list of post ideas for Blogmas, I thought it would be fun to do a Christmas tag post, so I had a little Google for one. After reading a few, my favourite actually ended up being the first search result anyway! Thank you to Morgan for creating The Christmas Tag and for doing it every year - I've enjoyed nosing through your post answers! Without further ado - here's mine.
1. What is your favourite Christmas film? // I'm not sure I have a favourite anymore, as I've fallen in love with some of the newer films like Elf and Arthur Christmas but growing up, Miracle on 34th Street (the 1994 version) was my absolute favourite. My mum and I would always cuddle up on the couch and watch it together when it came on the TV.
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas? // I must have, I'm sure I have, although I don't distinctly remember it. I remember one year, I was due to play the flute with my orchestra in a massive performance at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall but it snowed so heavily it had to be postponed. I remember being in the car and my dad driving really slowly and carefully to try to get there before deciding it was too dangerous to go any further. It all felt quite dramatic to 10-year-old me.
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday? // This one is actually quite hard to answer, as up until last year it was with my mum and dad, but now Freddie and I live together we haven't got a proper routine. Last year we stayed in the flat together but this year we're visiting my parents.
4. What is your favourite Christmas song? // It's too hard to choose! Merry Christmas Everybody by Slade is my mum's favourite, and I love it dearly because it always makes me think of her. I always love a bit of Michael Bublé too. My Chemical Romance's cover of All I Want for Christmas is You makes my little emo heart happy, and also reminds me of Christmas at home where we'd always play that instead. It was part 'my parents humouring me' and part 'my mum doesn't like Mariah Carey very much'.
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve? // Goodness me no! Santa doesn't arrive on Christmas Eve!
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? // I just tried it and I absolutely can.
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year? // Freddie and I go ice-skating at the rink at the Ice Festival in Liverpool every year and I'm really looking forward to that. I'm due surgery on my leg in January so it'll probably be the last bit of fun I get to have before that gets done and I'm hobbling for a while.
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake? // Always real. My grandpa who passed away before I was born never allowed an artificial tree, and having a real tree is a tradition my parents, and now Freddie and I, will always stick to.
9. What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat? // This is only my second vegan Christmas so I'm in the process of finding new treats and recipes to become my favourites!
10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better? // I love giving gifts. I try to put a lot of thought into the gifts I give and I love it when that shines through and the person really appreciates it and it makes them happy.
11. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received? // Probably a bike. Me and my childhood best friend used to race up and down the road for hours on end, and they're some of the best childhood memories I have! She even taught me to ride a bike using hers, and then my big brother helped me choose the perfect bike, so it was extra special.
12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season? // New York. I've been twice with my mum in the summer and they were such special, wonderful trips. To see it all decorated and lit up for Christmas would be an absolute dream.
13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably? // I'm somewhere in the middle, I think. I'm pretty good, but nowhere near as good as my mum (yet!).
14. Most memorable Holiday moment? // My nephew telling us the news that my littlest nephew was on the way! When everyone was finished opening gifts, he opened his jacket to reveal a shirt that said 'I'm going to be a big brother!' on it, and it was such an amazing surprise. My mum and dad's reaction was absolutely priceless, my nephew had no idea why everyone was crying, and it made such a precious family memory.
15. What made you realize the truth about Santa? // I couldn't sleep one night and went down to tell my parents and spotted my dad sneaking a gift for me into the house. I was at the top of the stairs and just crept back to my room because I knew they'd be upset if they thought I'd realised so I kept schtum for a few years after that until it was just naturally understood that I was old enough to know. As my mum always says; 'it's not about believing in Santa, it's about believing in the magic of Christmas,' and that, I still do.
16. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them? // I usually don't bother because I'm so awful at sticking to them that it's totally futile to make them. Oops.
17. What makes the holidays special for you? // The whole atmosphere. I love going out into the city centre and seeing the lights in the dark sky and feeling the cold air and watching the hustle and bustle of people doing their shopping and visiting Christmas attractions like the ice rink. Aside from the build up, seeing my family on Christmas day is just lovely, especially seeing how excited my nephews get!
I'm tagging Ellie, Dana, and whoever else wants to do this adorable tag! I'd love to hear your answers!