Hey Spookies! I know in my Christmas Tag post, I said I don't do New Year's Resolutions because I never stick to them, and yet here I am, making a post of 'resolutions' for 2018. A few things have happened recently that have made me pause for thought, and fuelled some little fires of change. Instead of big, dramatic resolutions, I've decided to set myself some goals that I hope to achieve by the end of 2018.
1. Finish my Master's Degree. | I started my Master's Degree in September 2016, and whilst I've finished all of my modules, I'm still plodding through my dissertation. Health problems, issues in my personal life, and a change in animal husbandry that made my research question defunct all led to me having to let go of my original dissertation idea and start again. I'm working on getting it started again, so 2018 will definitely see me completing a dissertation I'm proud of.
2. Recovering. | 2017 has brought me a lot of troubles with my health, both physical and mental. I've got a surgery date for early January, and I'm on a waiting list for therapy. Here's hoping I end 2018 in a much better place than I'm ending 2017 in. I'm going to work really hard to make sure I do.
3. Blog direction. | I love everything I post on this blog, but there are things I know I should be talking about more. Anti-bullying advocacy is something of vast importance to me, and the amazing response to my S.O.P.H.I.E post shows I don't need to be scared of sharing my experiences to help anyone else. Ditto mental health. Whether it's talking about veganism, bullying, mental health, or something else entirely; I'm hoping to make my blog a more open and brave place in 2018.
4. New Blog. | I've created a new blog, A Ghost in a Rain Cloud, to use as a daily journal starting January 1st, with the aim of documenting my journey to better mental health. I'm going to make a real effort to keep this up, so hopefully it won't be something I give up on within a month.
5. Creativity. | Comparison is one of my worst habits, and it's utterly destroyed any urge I have to be creative. Thanks to Dana and Ellie being so supportive, 2018 might be the year I make some effort to get creative again.
What are your goals for 2018? Have you made any resolutions? I'd love to hear all about it.