Hello Spookies! November has come around waaayyy too quickly! That means it's time for a favourites post (naturally). I'm excited for all things Christmassy but a little sad that Halloween was over so quickly so it's nice to look back over the last month of spookiness.
1. Lush - Lord of Misrule Bath Bomb // SO. MANY. PRETTY. COLOURS. I've got to be honest, this is probably only on my favourites because it's my first step into the world of Lush bath bombs. It did make my sensitive skin go a bit blotchy so I won't be purchasing it again. However, the colours were simply perfect and it was so much fun to use. I felt like a child at Christmas watching the colours change! I loved the bright pink and green foam turning into a blood red and the smell was just lovely. My friend had recommended this one to me because of the blood red-water and promised I'd feel like a vampire queen, and indeed I did!
2. Starbucks - Vampire Frappuccinos // Okay, if you're following me on Twitter you'll know I was totally smitten with these as soon as I tried them and may have actually had two in one day. I'm not even sorry. They were so so delicious and I'm rather sad that they're not for sale anymore, boo!
3. Stardust Designs - Witch Mini Skirt // I love love love this skirt. As soon as I saw it on eBay I knew I simply had to have it. I'm normally one to shy away from tight styles of skirt as I'm self conscious of my legs and tummy, but this one was just too lovely to resist. I am so glad I bought it and had the confidence to wear it. My friend Jess said she couldn't imagine anyone else looking good in a skirt like this - the highest of compliments, of course!
4. Pumpkin Grilled Cheese // A fabulous, seasonal recipe Freddie and I found online and simplified. It tastes gorgeous but sadly the shops are once again pumpkin-free so we'll have to wait until next year. A mix of blended pumpkin, melted cheese and delicious seasoning sounds horrid but tastes wonderful.
5. Rimmel London - Moisture Renew Lipstick in Dark Night Waterl-oops! (380) // I adore a good purple lip, so when my friend Ellie showed me her new purple lipstick I simply had to go out and get myself some. It's lovely, smooth, and moisturising and the most beautiful, deep purple. I love this as it's not a 'reddy' purple or a 'browny' purple - it's just completely dark purple. This is definitely going to be a winter staple of mine.
6. Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds // A strange one to pop in here, but this is something I've adored since I was a child as both of my parents introduced me to it. My mum and I used to listen to it on our way to little caravan holidays in Wales, and it's something I recently decided to listen to again. I am so so happy that I did. It's just wonderful to listen to and such a fabulous story.
7. Witch - Witch Hazel Bursting Beads Face Wash // Not a spooky one but it's called Witch so still counts, right?! You may have noticed their recent #SwitchToWitch campaign on social media and the competitions they have on to win some skincare goodies. I was lucky enough to win a bottle of the Witch Hazel Bursting Beads Face Wash, which I tried and loved so much that I bought more right away. I seem to have more spots now than I did as a teenager but having used this for a few weeks, I'm already seeing improvement. Hopefully my skin keeps on getting better and I may incorporate more Witch products into my skincare routine.
What are your favourite picks from October? What's your opinion on these bits?
Youtube - Twitter - Instagram - Facebook