So, for a delicious vegan chili, you will need the following:
- Garlic Clove
- Olive or Sunflower Oil
- A Vegetable Stock Cube
- Tinned Chopped Tomato
- Tomato Purée
- Tinned Kidney Beans
- Chili powder (of course)
- Mixed spices
Got all that? Let's make some chili!
1. Set the rice simmering in a saucepan with water. The rice will take around 10-15 minutes to be ready. Keep it on a low heat or you'll burn your first two attempts like Freddie and I did. I told you I'm no culinary genius!
2. Chop your onion, garlic, mushroom, and pepper. Fry it all together in a pan with a little oil.
3. Boil some water in another saucepan (I'd recommend only a couple of centimeters deep), and add your stock cube, tinned chopped tomato, and a squirt of tomato purée. Drain your tin of kidney beans and add that in too.
4. Then pop in everything you just fried. Stir it up!
5. Time to add spice! Add in your chili powder and mixed spice to your taste. I'm a wimp with spice so I'd probably only use a little sprinkle of each.
6. Stir it some more and keep it going until it reaches a consistency you like. The longer the water is steaming off, the thicker it'll be - but don't overdo it!
7. Serve it up with your (non-burned) rice and enjoy.
The plate is a lie - no pasta here!
Hope you enjoyed!